COVID-19 Holiday Information
Our first priority is to keep everyone safe. That’s you, our guests, but also our team.
We see this as a joint effort so please be responsible and play your part in keeping everyone safe as we all continue to navigate our way through these unchartered waters.
With this in mind, we’d really appreciate it if you take a moment to read the information below which details what we will be doing this year to provide the safest possible environment and to ensure the remainder of our holiday season is as carefree as it can be.
- You’ll need to wear a mask when coming to the island on the car or passenger ferry, and also when travelling on public transport when you are here. Don’t forget to bring one!
- Before travelling, please read information from Red Funnel ferries HERE.
- Full contactless pre-payment is always required, and will have been taken prior to your arrival.
- We will require you to pre-register online before you arrive at the hotel. You can do this here.
- Check-in will be contactless, other than to hand you your room key, to check your payment card.
- Please do not come into the hotel if you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms. Please call us from outside and we will arrange for your return ferry to be changed so you can travel home immediately and self-isolate.
- Please sanitise your hands on your way into the building.
- Please observe the one way queuing system in reception and bar areas.
- Keep your room key safely on you at all times. Do not hand it back into reception unit departure.
- Please take the stairs, not the lift, if you can. If you need to use the lift, please do so only with members of your family / travel party.
- You are now required to wear a face covering when travelling through the hotel corridors and public areas; except when you’re eating or drinking, of course.
- Hand sanitising stations are provided in the lobby, lounge and bar area, dining room and adjacent to the lift on lounge level. Please don’t take the sanitiser away with you – this puts us all at an increased risk!
- Please observe the floor markings, travel routes and queuing systems. These are in place to help encourage social distancing.
- Please try and maintain social distancing – 2 metres is ideal but if you can’t manage that, you need to keep at least 1 metre apart from other hotel guests and members of our team.
- We are offering reduced daily housekeeping and servicing of bedrooms at this time. We will pop in daily when you are out to empty your bin and change your tea cups but we won’t make your bed or clean the bathroom. If we are unable to access the bedroom because you are inside, we will try again later but please keep in mind that the housekeeping team are here shorter hours.
- Before new guests arrive into a bedroom, our housekeeping team will have undertaken a thorough sanitising regime. All hand contact points will have been disinfected including the TV remote control, the hairdryer, bedside lamps, handles on wardrobes and drawers, light switches, the chairs and stools, balcony and window handles, toilet, taps, and shower contact points.
- If you have booked a meal package with us, you will be allocated your own table for the duration of your stay. On your first evening, please wait to be seated and we will show you to your table while maintaining the required social distance.
- Capacity has been limited in our dining room to allow to maximum social distancing. If you haven’t booked meals, we won’t be able to book you in for individual meals, you’ll need to go to reception and book in for the duration of your stay so that your own table can be assigned to you.
- In-line with current guidelines, our maximum table size is 6 people.
- Tables and chairs will be disinfected at the end of a guests stay after breakfast and before being allocated to a new guest.
- Public areas have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing. Please don’t move the furniture.
- We really don’t want to spoil your fun, but please ensure you follow current guidelines. If you’re sitting in our lounge or bar, you are only allowed to do so with people in your travel group with a maximum of 2 households.
- Please remember only 6 people can be seated together at one time.
- We can’t let you congregate at the bar; please collect your drinks and take them straight to your table once you have paid.
- Use the tables outdoors on the balcony if possible and weather permitting. The view is glorious, make the most of it!
- In an ideal world, our lounge and bar will be used by hotel guests only but we understand that from time to time guests may be visiting the Island and may have family or friends here. In this instance, please don’t be offended but we need to know who they are and will need their name, telephone number, address and email address for the Track & Trace Service. We have to keep this for 21 days, after which time we will safely destroy any such information on file.
- Our swimming pool is now open for hotel guests. We will be limiting numbers in-line with guidance given to us and, as always, we ask you to maintain a safe social distance from others.
- The changing rooms are closed, so you will need to change in your bedroom before coming down to use the pool.
- The beach is right opposite and the sea is a lovely 19ºC today, expected to rise to 20 – 22 ºC.
- Indoor entertainment is still not permitted. Due to the uncertainty of when this will be allowed to resume and what guidelines accompany any such decision, we have decided not to contract entertainers for 2020.
- If you need suggestions or ideas for where to go or what to do, the Island has so much to offer.
- For ideas go to: www.visitisleofwight.co.uk.
- Please check out by 10.30am. This is really important and will allow us sufficient time to clean the room properly before new guests arrive.
- Use the box offered to place your room key into, don’t just leave it on the desk.
- When you leave your room, please don’t forget to take all your personal belongings with you. We can’t keep or return any lost property this year.
The above information is subject to change at any time. We are constantly checking Government Guidelines and updating our policies accordingly.